Saturday, December 6, 2014

Soup




I am really not a soup person.  Having said that I am addicted to this soup!  Continuing on in the world of meal planning, I was trying to come up with lunch ideas to use for work. Whole chicken cooked in my crockpot and the meat used for wraps is great but I wanted a change. I gave this hearty soup a whirl. It has minimum twelve ingredients, eleven are veggies! Perfect for winter and fighting off colds and flus. Throw everything in your crockpot and mix it up and cook on high for 4hours. Fill up containers and it keeps for the week in the fridge and also freezes great.      
Ingredients are loosely a cup of  chopped whatever vegetable you are working with.  Some more or less according to your taste. This is what I do......

Cabbage................key ingredient ........two cups chopped into shreddie size pieces
Celery.........slivered
Yellow pepper.........slivered
Half a med red onion .......finely diced
Four (or more). Pressed garlic cloves
Zucchini .....half moon slices
Cut green or yellow beans.......fresh or canned
Corn.........I use canned
Peas........fresh or canned
Can of red Kidney beans
Tablespoon of Italian seasoning
Salt to taste.......once it's mixed taste the broth and salt accordingly

For base of soup put the following ingredients into food processor and mix so there are no big chunks......

Cauliflower
Spinach.........fresh or frozen. (Also Kale is great)
One large can of diced tomatoes including juices
One large can of whole tomatoes DRAINED

Mix together in your crockpot......top up liquid with organic low sodium chicken broth

Cook on high for 4 hours





No comments:

Post a Comment