Saturday, July 24, 2010
MEAL PLANNING
SO, THIS MAY NOT BE A NEW CONCEPT BUT I HAVE STARTED MEAL PLANNING. MAINLY OUR SUPPER MEAL SINCE THAT IS THE ONLY ONE WE ARE CONSISTENTLY HOME FOR. I ALSO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION IF LEFT OVERS CAN BE USED FOR WORK LUNCHES THE NEXT DAY. I AM ONLY IN WEEK TWO BUT I WAS IN AND OUT OF THE GROCERY STORE IN A VERY SHORT TIME SINCE I LISTED WHAT I NEEDED AND DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING ELSE.NORMALLY WE START AT ONE END AND ROAM UP AND DOWN THE AISLES AND END UP BUYING THINGS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE ON SALE OR WHATEVER. IT HAS BEEN VERY EASY AND MAKES LIFE DURING THE WEEK ALOT SIMPLER SINCE I DON'T HAVE TO THINK OF WHAT TO MAKE FOR SUPPER. IT ALSO HAS CUT MY GROCERY BILL IN HALF....I WILL BE CURIOUS TO SEE WHERE I AM AT IN THAT CATEGORY AFTER A MONTH OR SO.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I find meal planning saves me a ton of stress and time. It's just the planning that I don't like. :) Do you follow www.moneysavingmom.com ? She does lots of meal planning and cooking for the freezer and stuff. I'm now trying to go on all cash for groceries -that's a great way to save money too.
ReplyDeletedo you mean paying with cash only for groceries?...no i just got myself a calandar and started planning....we eat alot of the same type of meals and i mix in new things from pioneer woman or whatever to give variety. so far so good..
ReplyDelete